Thursday, October 6, 2011

What's your plan??

In my classroom I currently use PowerPoint for morning announcements.  I put anything that I want them to do when the come in the classroom, reminders, or things that they need to know about our day.  Not all of our students arrive at the same time so it seems to keep the early arrivers a little more focused while we are waiting for the others to get there.  I also use PowerPoint to put my focus statements for each lesson then it is easy to just change slides for each lesson and they are already there.  I also use Word.  I use Word for many things: sub plans, letters that I want to go home, my weekly homework page, and, simple games or worksheets that I want to make quickly.  Lastly, after this week, I am going to start using Publisher so much now.  I already have a list of things that I want to create using Publisher and I have my newsletter started for next week!
I have lots of work to do to improve my use of lots of different things.  I loved that we did this assignment this week and were introduced to many different things that our classmates took the time to learn about.  There were quite a few things that others talked about that I had never heard of before or had never used before.  I was intrigued by the reflection that I read about "mail-merge".  I am still not sure if I totally understand what it is because I am such a visual learner.  I feel like if I was able to actually see it instead of just reading about it, I would feel a little bit better.  To learn more about "mail-merge" I am making it my personal goal to do the research that I need to do to learn what this is and how I can best use it in my classroom or everyday use.  Now if I can only find the time to do that!  

No comments:

Post a Comment