Friday, October 21, 2011

Internet Techology

When it comes to using the Internet in my classroom, I sometimes get quite frustrated.  My school systems has gone so far to keep our students protected when using the Internet that many sites I try to use get the dreaded "Access Denied".  Just last year my students were reading a story in a book about the little boy that fell in with the Gorilla's at one of the Chicago zoos.  I was talking to my class about how I remembered when it happened and they were so intrigued.  I wanted to show them the news clip but of course...YouTube is blocked!  Lesson connection fail!!  There are many other possibilities that I could use.  The web quest that we had to create is something that I am considering using in my class this year.  It is something different for them to do and I think it could have some real benefits when it comes to our Indiana History unit.  I would love to use the Internet for various things in my classroom, I would just have to work around the "Access Denied" that is most often my biggest road block!  Another fear that I have is that I do not have much experience when it comes creating assignments on the Internet.  Prior to this class, I had not experience with a web quest. 

To help with these issues, I would need to gain more experience myself.  I would need to spend some time preparing myself to make sure that I have the experience that I would need to help my students with their assignments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment