Thursday, September 22, 2011

Technology.....

When it comes to the use of technology in my classroom, I know that I have some work to do.  There are many things that I could be using but I am not.  I have access to mobi's and clicker's but I have never used them before.  I have access to an ipod touch lab but have only used it one time last school year.  I have however used my overhead projector to show movies, virtual field trips, and websites to my students many times.  I also have a point-2-view camera that connects to my computer that I can use to display worksheets or student work through my overhead projector.
The barriers that I feel I am facing are in the form of education for myself.  I do not use many of the pieces of technology that I have access to because I do not know how to use them or I do not know how to integrate them into a lesson.  I feel that if I was educated more about the various pieces of technology, I would be more willing to use them on a regular basis. 
I definitely think "fear not" could apply to me.  "Fear not" is the approach that I need to take when it comes to using technology in my classroom.  We most often learn from our mistakes but you have to be willing to make the mistake if you want to take away any learning from it. 
My goal for this technology class is to learn how to use different pieces of technology and how to use other items in a different or better way.  I am sure that are many other things that I could be doing with the things that I do use, I just do not know how.  My other goal is to become less fearful and to step out of my comfort zone when it comes to new pieces of technology. 

No comments:

Post a Comment